Software Engineering – Manager (Remote Working)
As an engineering manager, you will lead a team of product developers and own the quality, performance, schedule of one of the core components of Phonon. You will collaborate with multiple teams to come up with high quality product that creates large impact for our users.
Leadership skills include:
- Lead and align engineering team with the company’s vision
- Prioritize and delegate tasks to the team
- Develop, inspire, mentor, and evaluate the engineering team
- Create positive team culture (e.g. curious, mutually challenging, collaborative)
Your responsibilities would include:
- Coaching, mentoring and hiring a great team of engineers Owning the end-to-end development, deployment & functioning of core components of Phonon technology systems.
- Planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects including the quality and timeliness of projects.
- Have detailed understanding of metrics and ensures system functioning.
- Clearly think the projects from business impact perspective and help articulate the same to the team.
- Helping team by designing tech building blocks, reviewing code and clearing technical roadblocks through technical expertise regularly.
- Design and build fault tolerant, failure recovery systems.
- Establish coding guidelines, best practices, code-review practices and culture of quality within the team.
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning, Engage and manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Have technical ownership of the product.
- Keeps Automation at the center of delivery.
- Maintaining development pipeline for the team and provide clarity to the team on even in the times of conflicting management priorities.
- Working with the product team to ensure successful product and feature rollouts including requirement analysis, capture, and documentation
- Take initiatives to setup projects that helps phonon users or improve operational efficiency in software development.
- Expert-level in-depth hands-on knowledge of the primary technology you work on (one of PHP, Java, Go, Android, iOS) Strong programming & computer sc. fundamentals (Algorithms, Data Structures, Networks, Operating Systems)
- Proven expertise on designing software applications from the ground-up (Knowledge of data modelling, application designing, API design etc)
- Good understanding of databases including both relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Expertise on development of high-performance high-traffic applications with good understanding of measuring results and identifying application bottlenecks quickly. Understanding of software development practices such as Agile, BDD/TDD, Testing Automation, Performance and Load testing.
- Good understanding of deployment in AWS or equivalent cloud infrastructure. Experience of leading a team of 5-20 people with proven results delivered.
- Understanding of basic product management principles for Internet applications. Proven track record of delivering products by collaborating with product, design and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including technical management of software developers and system administrators/architects.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
- 12 years of relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers and systems administrators/architects.
- 5 years of experience in leading highly-complex, technically-challenging, cross-functional software oriented projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, or testability
- Experience providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Experience defining team strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure for one or more products.
- Excellent Java skills.
About the job
SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Areas such as information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, user interface design; the list goes on . Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
Grab the opportunity and apply right away! In case of questions, drop us a line at email@example.com!Apply now